STAMFORD, CT – NAIOP Connecticut & Suburban New York, a chapter of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association, honored the area’s most prominent real estate projects, companies and leading professionals at their annual Night of the Stars Awards Gala on March 6. The Former Mayor of Stamford, CT, Michael Pavia was the host of the event at l’escale restaurant in Greenwich, CT.
“Each year our NAIOP board selects and recognizes
outstanding real estate stars and projects for their impact on the community,
market adaptability, ingenuity and local contributions. We congratulate all our
well deserved winners and finalists,” said Brandon Hall of Forstone Capital,
LLC and president of the NAIOP chapter.
Two special awards were presented at the gala. Fairfield resident Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president, Empire State Realty Trust was honored with the Leadership Award for his longstanding dedication and contributions to the real estate community and to NAIOP. Newman was a past president of the NAIOP local chapter and was the innovator of this recognition event that began in 1998. Also, a special recognition Community Impact Award was presented to Mill River Park in Stamford for its positive impact on the community and economic development.
In addition to these awards the winners and selected
finalists for the real estate categories are:
- Connecticut Lease: Winner: Save the Children in Westport, CT; Finalists: HomeServe USA – Merritt 7 in Norwalk, CT; Cannondale Sports in Wilton, CT.
- Connecticut Project: Winner: Sound Development Group in Stamford; Finalists: Shippan Landing in Stamford, CT; Norden Park in Norwalk, CT.
- Westchester Lease: Winner: PepsiCo, Inc. in White Plains, NY; Finalists: Xylem Inc. in Rye Brook, NY; Jackson Lewis, LLP in White Plains, NY.
- Westchester Project: Winner: Life Time Fitness in Harrison, NY; Finalists: New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY; Westmed Medical Group in Purchase, NY.
- Developing Leader: Winner: Clark Briffel, Reckson a Division of SL Green based in White Plains, NY; Finalists: Justin Shaw, JCS Capital LLC based in Stamford, CT; Rob Scinto, R.D. Scinto, Inc. based in Shelton, CT.
# # #
About NAIOP (www.naiop-ctny.org)
NAIOP Connecticut & Suburban New York is a chapter of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, and it comprises 80 members serving the local Connecticut & Suburban New York market. NAIOP is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate, with 15,000 members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy.