Update, Nov. 2
A few businesses have emailed Patch or posted on Facebook to let residents know they are open:
- Pink Cupcake Shack (1215 Post Road) - open Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. WiFi and outlets for appliance charging available.
- Visiting Angels (1305 Post Road, Suite 106 -homecare for seniors) - available to help seniors with cooking, cleaning, dressing, bathing, laundry, etc. Call them anytime: (203) 254-0402
- Liana's Trattoria (591 Tunxis Hill Road) - dinner 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Phone charging is available.
- The Gray Goose Cafe (246 Old Post Road, Southport) - will open at 5 p.m. Friday witha limited menu
- SBC (2600 Post Road) - opening between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Friday for dinner.
Update, Oct. 31
Many Post Road businesses regained power Wednesday. Here's a list -- if you know of other eateries open, post them in the comments!
- Las Vetas Lounge - 27 Unquowa Road
- Catch a Healthy Habit Cafe - 39 Unquowa Road
- The Pantry - 1580 Post Road
- Chef's Table - 1561 Post Road
- Old Post Tavern - 1418 Post Road
- Colony Grill - 1520 Post Road
- Luigi's Plaza (Post Road/near Bridgeport line -- includes Luigi's Restaurant, Milk Plus, Tai Jaing Takeout)
- Post Road Plaza (next door to Luigi's Plaza)
- Apizza Center - 116 Post Road
- Hunan Pavilion - 80 Post Road
- Pizzeria MOLTO - 1215 Post Road
- Fairfield University Bookstore/Cafe - 1499 Post Road
- Starbucks - 1740 Post Road
- Dunkin Donuts - 593 Post Road
- Duchess - 625 Post Road
- Doughnut Inn - 592 Post Road and 2480 Black Rock Turnpike
- McDonald's - 536 Post Road
- Circle Diner - 441 Post Road
- 16 Handles - 1300 Post Road
Original Post, Oct. 30
Though 76 percent of the town is without power, there are still some restaurants and take-out places operating this evening in Fairfield.
Residents have reached out on Facebook to share which places they know to be open. Have you seen any eateries open that have not been mentioned? Add them to the comments. Keep adding throughout the next few days as power returns to Fairfield!
Remember to take extreme caution while driving, if you end up venturing to one of these spots for food:
- Angus Steakhouse -2133 Black Rock Turnpike
- Subway - 2341 Black Rock Turnpike
- Duchess - 2315 Black Rock Turnpike
- Moe's - 2267 Black Rock Turnpike (Tuesday is kids eat free night)
- Pazzo Pizza - 2505 Black Rock Turnpike
- Country Cow Deli - 2505 Black Rock Turnpike
- Barcelona Fairfield - 4180 Black Rock Turnpike -- serving soup and coffee and offering a place to charge appliances!
- Primo Pizza - 2424 Black Rock Turnpike
- Chili Bomb - 2445 Black Rock Turnpike
- Lilac House - 2480 Black Rock Turnpike