Today is Tuesday, March 27, 2012. On this day in 1998, the Food and Drug Administration approved the use of Viagra.
Famous birthdays include Gloria Swanson – 1899; Quentin Tarantino – 1963; Mariah Carey – 1970; Stacey “Fergie” Ferguson – 1975.
- (blog post by )
- (blog post by )
- Selectmen Seek Candidates for Fairfield Warde High School Roof Building Committee (announcement)
EVENTS & REMINDERS
- : All day, . “Tuesday, March 27 is Diabetes Alert Day, and as part of the Y's commitment to healthy living the CENTRAL CONNECTICUT COAST YMCA is encouraging people in Fairfield to learn the risks of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes and what they can do to prevent the disease. On Wednesday, March 28th, St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport is hosting a Diabetes Symposium. The CENTRAL CONNECTICUT COAST YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program will be there to provide information. Immediate registration will be available and is recommended before classes fill.”
- : 8 a.m., , free. “We will be collecting GREEN canned vegetables during the entire month of March to donate to Sister Theresa of the Daughters of Charity in Bridgeport.”
- : 9 a.m., , free. The gallery is part of the “One Book One Town” month-long celebration.
- : 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., 2233 Black Rock Turnpike, free. “We are looking for fun, enthusiastic, outgoing team members for our new Carter's baby & children's apparel store. Retail experience is not necessary, but the ability to work weekends is a must. Weekday availability is flexible. We will be doing on-the-spot interviews along with the application process, so dress to impress!”
- Online Registration, $100. Does your first or second grader want to play Little League Softball? Register her today for Fairfield Little League Girls Softball's A Ball program! Registration is only available online through the FLLGS website and closes Monday, April 2. Practices begin in early April. The season begins April 30 and ends in mid-June.”
- 2 p.m., Optical Alternatives, free. “Israeli Artist Ronit Furst will be at Optical Alternatives to show off her Spring Collection of hand painted eyeglass frames. Made in Israel, these glasses are ‘art you can wear.’”
- : 7 p.m., , $45. The last class of Winter Cheese School 2012 will pair cheese with meat offerings, or charcuterie.
- : 7 p.m., , free. “Watch the first season finale of Game of Thrones in anticipation of the return of one of television’s most exciting fantasy programs. After the show stay for a discussion of George R.R. Martin’s epic saga, “A Song of Ice and Fire,” complete with ideas of what to expect during season two.”
AT BULLARD SQUARE SHOWTIMES
- The Artist - 7:20 p.m., (1 hr., 40 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- Being Flynn – 4:40 p.m., 7:05 p.m. (1 hr., 42 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax – 5:20 p.m., 7:30 p.m. (1 hr. 35 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax 3D – 4:50 p.m., 7 p.m. (1 hr. 35 min.)
- Friends With Kids – 4:25 p.m., 6:55 p.m. (1 hr., 40 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- The Hunger Games – 3:25 p.m., 3:55 p.m., 6:45 p.m., 7:15 p.m. (2 hrs., 22 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D – 4:30 p.m. (1 hr. 34 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- A Separation – 3:50 p.m., 6:50 p.m., (2 hrs., 3 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- The Vow – 4:45 p.m., 7:35 p.m. (1 hr. 44 min.) – IMDB – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- of Employees Special Meeting: 6:45 p.m., Sullivan Independence Hall (725 Old Post Road)
- Joint Investment Retirement Board Special Meeting: 7 p.m., Sullivan Independence Hall second floor conference room (agenda)
- Riverfield School Building Committee: 7:30 p.m., Sullivan Independence Hall
- : 7:30 p.m. (Executive Session), 8:15 p.m. (Public Hearing), McKinley Elementary School (agenda)
FORECAST as of 6 p.m. on Monday:
- Tuesday: “Sunny, with a high near 50. North wind between 14 and 17 mph.”
- Tuesday night: “Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.”
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Fairfield Patch’s “Traffic & Gas Prices” page.
- Westport: northbound, south of Exit 19 – Maple Lane
- Fairfield: southbound, Exit 19 – Mill Hill Road
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 21 – North Pine Creek Road
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 22 – Fairfield Service Plaza
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 22 – North Benson Road
- Fairfield: southbound, north of Exit 24 – Brentwood Avenue
- Bridgeport: northbound, Exit 26 – Wordin Avenue
TIDES & TIMES
- High tide: 2:44 a.m.
- Sunrise: 6:43 a.m.
- Low tide: 9:10 a.m.
- High tide: 3:19 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:13 p.m.
- Low tide: 9:18 p.m.