Today is Wednesday, April 11, 2012. On this day in 1970, the Apollo 13 was launched to the moon.
Famous birthdays include Ethel Kennedy – 1928; Joel Grey – 1932; Vincent Gallo – 1961; Joss Stone – 1987.
- (blog post by )
- (blog post by Tara Cook-Littman)
- Selectmen Seek Candidates for Fairfield Warde High School Roof Building Committee (announcement)
EVENTS & REMINDERS
- : 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., . “During the entire month of April we will be collecting art supplies for the students in Sister Theresa's Pre-School class and, if we receive enough supplies, we will donate some supplies to one of the elementary inner-city schools in Bridgeport that can surely use art supplies for the children.”
- : All day, MedTeam Weight Loss, free. “We invite you to a free initial screening with one of our practitioners. You will be given a Body Composition Analysis which is a breakdown of your body weight, including fat, muscle and water percentages.”
- : All day, , free. “Come see our Montessori Elementary environment and meet our teacher. We welcome anyone by appointment. Great Beginnings currently goes through 2nd grade.”
- : 12 p.m., , free. “The Fairfield Public Library will be hosting author Peter Golden as he presents his newly released novel, Comeback Love (Atria Books, April 3, 2012). The Friends of the Fairfield Public Library will provide a light luncheon following his lecture.”
- : 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., , free is you BYO lunch or $5 for pizza. “If you'd like to come, please RSVP by emailing email@example.com by 10 a.m. on Wednesday at the latest.”
- : 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., , free. “YMCA Camp Hi-Rock is Your Camp in the Berkshires. Hi-Rock will be at the Fairfield YMCA on April 11th to discuss YMCA sleepaway camping. Meet the Camp Director, ask questions, view the camp DVD and slideshow, and even register for camp on site!”
- : 7 p.m., , free. “Few choices are more difficult than choosing someone to care for your child when you cannot. Barbara Herzog, Director of Au Pair Care, will discuss different childcare options, in particular au pairs. “
- : 7 p.m., , free. “Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business will host a talk with the Honorable Richard C. Breeden as part of its “Conversations” lecture series.”
- : 7 p.m., , free. “Prepare to be I-M-P-R-E-S-S-E-D at the 31st annual town wide Spelling Bee on Wednesday, April 11 at 7pm in the Roger Ludlowe Middle School auditorium. Continuing a three-decade tradition, the Junior Women’s Club of Fairfield will once again host this inspiring event for fifth-graders.”
- : 7:30 p.m., , $28. “Performers for this show include Blues artist Sarah Brooks, multi-talented Victoria Cave, ‘3 Chicks Who Sing’ with Sue Broudy, Karen Parrella and Cindy Vaccaro and Chris Coogan's Good News Gospel Choir. Opening the show will be Fairfield’s own Otis and the Hurricanes.”
AT BULLARD SQUARE SHOWTIMES
- Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax – 5:20 p.m., 7:40 p.m. (1 hr. 35 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- The Hunger Games – 3:35 p.m., 4:05 p.m., 6:40 p.m., 7:10 p.m. (2 hrs., 22 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes - Trailer
- Jeff, Who Lives at Home – 5:10 p.m., 7:45 p.m. (1 hr., 23 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- Mirror Mirror – 4:15 p.m., 4:45 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m. (1 hr., 46 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen – 3:50 p.m., 6:50 p.m. (1 hr., 52 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- Titanic 3D – 3:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m. (3 hrs., 14 min.) – IMDb – Rotten Tomatoes – Trailer
- Burr Gardens Advisory Committee: 10 a.m., Sullivan Independence Hall (725 Old Post Road) first floor conference room (agenda)
- : 4:30 p.m., Fairfield Police Department
- : 6:30 p.m., Old Town Hall (611 Old Post Road) (agenda)
- Budget Hearing: 7 p.m., McKinley Elementary School (agenda)
- : 7:30 p.m., Sullivan Independence Hall second floor conference room (agenda)
FORECAST as of 7 p.m. on Tuesday:
- Wednesday: “A chance of showers, mainly after 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Northwest wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.”
- Wednesday night: “A chance of showers, mainly before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.”
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Fairfield Patch’s “Traffic & Gas Prices” page.
- Westport: northbound, south of Exit 19 – Maple Lane
- Fairfield: southbound, Exit 19 – Mill Hill Road
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 21 – North Pine Creek Road
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 22 – Fairfield Service Plaza
- Fairfield: northbound, Exit 22 – North Benson Road
- Fairfield: southbound, north of Exit 24 – Brentwood Avenue
- Bridgeport: northbound, Exit 26 – Wordin Avenue
TIDES & TIMES
- High tide: 3:18 a.m.
- Sunrise: 6:19 a.m.
- Low tide: 9:51 a.m.
- High tide: 3:56 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:29 p.m.
- Low tide: 10:09 p.m.