Two boats were destroyed and two more were damaged in a Sunday afternoon fire at the South Benson Marina.
Fire investigators determined the fire began when an electrical spark from an extension cord ignited gasoline vapors on one of the boats about 12:30 p.m. June 29, according to a Connecticut Post report. Fairfield firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze from land.
One man who was reportedly working on his boat dived into the water to escape the flames and refused medical attention for minor cuts he received.
The full Connecticut Post story can be found here.