Fairfield's incumbent state representatives were all re-elected Tuesday: Brenda Kupchick (R-132) to her second term, Kim Fawcett (D-133) to her fourth term, and Tony Hwang (R-134) to his third term.
Click the links below to read more about the race for those districts and reactions from both the winning legislators and their challengers:
- Brenda Kupchick Wins Second Term as State Rep. for 132nd District
- Kim Fawcett Secures Fourth Term as State Representative for the 133rd
- Tony Hwang Hangs On to the 134th
State Senator John McKinney, R-28, was breezily re-elected to his eighth term after running unopposed this campaign season.
According to the Registrars' Office, 79.52 percent of Fairfield turned out to vote Tuesday. To read about what it was like at the polls on Election Day, see
Beyond Fairfield, Democratic candidate Chris Murphy was elected to the U.S. Senate and Congressman Jim Himes was re-elected to represent Connecticut's 4th District in the U.S. House of Representatives:
- McMahon: 'No Regrets' in Second Failed Campaign for Congress
- Himes Delivers Impassioned Acceptance Speech
President Barack Obama -- who won Connecticut's seven electoral votes -- was re-elected to a second term.