FAIRFIELD—State Representative Tony Hwang (R-134) will host a forum for those in Fairfield and the surrounding area looking to rebuild, renovate or remodel following Superstorm Sandy with a focus on home energy efficiency.
"Connecticut has one of the highest energy costs in the United States and we, as consumers, need to demand more control over our energy usage and energy source," said Rep. Hwang. "This home energy efficiency forum is meant to provide a resource to homeowners who are rebuilding following the storm, or are considering making home improvements following damage they sustained toward the goal of efficient energy use."
The forum, which will be held in the auditorium of the Pequot Library on Monday, December 10th from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, will feature the following panelists and questions collected from the audience:
- Peter Fusaro - President, Home Builder's and Remodeler's Association of Fairfield County and an expert on green building & remodeling
- Bob Wall- Director of Marketing and Outreach at the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority
- Stephanie Weiner – President, her company focuses on performing energy audits and assessments to help facilitate home energy efficiency.
- Kevin Porter – Vice President, Lending, CT Housing Investment Fund
- Marriott Dowden - Solar Panel Consultant with Astrum Solar
- Tony Hwang – State Representative – 134th – will serve as moderator and ask questions gathered from the audience.
Fairfield residents who are rebuilding or remodeling are encouraged to attend this forum to learn more about many of the options that they have.
For more information, residents can contact Rep. Hwang's office at 860-240-8700 or email him at Tony.Hwang@cthousegop.com.